Scenarist appreciates your visiting this web site. Your privacy and trust are very important to us. We provide this notice in order to make sure that your expectations and our practices are aligned, and that you are aware of your choices with regard to our use and disclosure of the information you provide to this site.
- Information obtained when you (“you” or “User”) visit the Scenarist web site or subscribe to our customer email list (“the Site”).
- Information obtained through e-mail communications with you related to the Site.
Information We Collect & How We Collect It
We require you to provide certain information about yourself when you register with this Site and when you request products and services. We also collect information when you participate in contests and surveys, when you respond to requests for feedback and when you submit postings to public areas of this Site and other sites (e.g., moderated discussions and bulletin boards) related to the business activities of Scenarist.
The information we collect may include information from which you may be personally identified such as name, postal address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address, and certain business information such as employer name, occupation, job function, job title and buying information (for example, preferences or history) (“Personal Information”). We also will collect credit card and related information when you request a paid for product or service through our payment mechanisms. This Site only collects Personal Information with your knowledge. When you visit this Site, we may collect the IP address of your computer. We also use automatic data collection technology to record other information that identifies your computer and tracks your behavior on the Site.
Users Outside Of The United States
How We Use Your Information
We use Personal Information collected on this Site for the following purposes:
- To provide you with this Site and other products and services. • To respond to your inquiries and contact you about changes regarding the Site.
- To provide you with e-mail, fax and other notices (such as expiration and renewal notices) regarding your account and the products or services that you own or are receiving, and for billing and collection purposes.
- For any other purpose disclosed at the time the information is collected or to which you consent.
We also may use your information to better understand our Users and to improve our Site. For example, we may use this information to determine what portions of the Site are most popular and the demographics of our Users generally.
Cookies and other User information also enable us to customize your experience on the Site. We may use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our servers or to administer our Site. We may also use IP addresses to help identify a User during a particular session and to gather data regarding use of the Site.
We may use the information you provide us to send you e-mail, fax and other communications on behalf of Scenarist and our affiliates. These communications may include e-mail newsletters that are relevant to this Site, as well as offers for our affiliates’ services. All e-mail newsletters will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of receiving future issues of the newsletter. All promotional offers will include an opportunity to opt out of receiving future promotions from the brand whose product/service is being promoted.
We also may use your information to send you e-mail and other communications on behalf of third parties. Each of these communications will include instructions for opting out of receiving future third party offers from us. You may also opt out of receiving third party offers from this Site at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line “opt out”.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated, anonymous statistics about many Users, and individual information that is not Personal Information without restriction as long as no individual is identifiable by the information disclosed, and otherwise will not disclose your Personal Information except as follows: Name and/or business name and title (but not information by which you may be contacted (i.e. name, postal address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address) in representative lists of our promotional material and/or web site membership, but not for further use or dissemination by the recipient.
- To third parties engaged to provide services under contractual requirement to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only to perform the services.
- To other third parties to market their products or services under contractual requirement to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only to market and provide their products or services. You may opt out of such disclosures at anytime by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “do not disclose.”
- To any successor pursuant to an asset sale, merger, consolidation, restructuring, reorganization, liquidation or other similar transaction involving Scenarist or this Site.
- When we believe such disclosure is required by law, regulation or securities exchange requirement or for the protection of persons or property.
- When disclosure is necessary to accomplish the purpose for which you provide it.
We use reasonable safeguards to protect Personal Information we collect on this Site from unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure. However, due to the design of the Internet and other factors outside of our control, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and our servers will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
Right to Access & Change Information
You may view and update information that you previously submitted to this Site by sending an e-mail. However, a request to change information may not be accommodated if the request would conflict with legal requirements or result in incorrect information. Requests to view or change personal information may take a few days to process.